Burnet Chamber Ambassador Lunch at Trailblazer Grille in Burnet
Chamber Ambassador Committee
Ambassadors work to enhance the image of the Chamber and promote membership by attending Chamber functions, visiting current and prospective Chamber members, and assisting Chamber staff with various programs and projects throughout the year.
As an Ambassador, your role includes promoting membership and encouraging participation in Chamber functions, greeting members at events, and checking in our current members. With a membership of over 300, it is difficult for Chamber staff to make calls and visits to all members. Ambassador retention calls make it possible for each member to receive personal contact.
Monthly ambassador meetings will be held to familiarize Ambassadors with new members and upcoming Chamber happenings. Meetings also allow an opportunity to provide an update on individual retention visit and recruitment progress. Ambassadors will be invited to operate as a sounding board for membership and event ideas.
Benefits of being a Burnet Chamber of Commerce Ambassador
• Qualified to wear a Burnet Chamber Ambassador name badge
• Opportunity for high-visibility networking
• Create valuable business relationships while serving the business community
• Form close ties with other committee members
• Recognition at events and on the Chamber’s website
• Keeps you informed on what is going on in the business community
• Gives you leadership opportunities with the Chamber and community
• Have fun while creating a welcoming and all-inclusive environment for others to enjoy
Characteristics of a Chamber Ambassador
• Makes people feel comfortable and welcome
• Projects a positive image for their company and/or the Chamber
• Enjoys having fun in a professional environment
• Has confidence to make personal contact with any Chamber member
• Encourages others to become Chamber members
• Volunteers about 3-4 hours a month as an Ambassador
Our Ambassadors are expected to:
• Attend at least 60% of Chamber Events (i.e., Coffee & Conversation, Business after Hours, Ribbon Cutting/Grand Openings, etc).
• Make personal contact with three existing member businesses per month as a Chamber representative. Check in on them, verify listing info, and invite them to events
• Greeting and welcoming members at events.
• Invite non-members to attend Chamber functions and encourage them to join!
• Engage with Chamber’s social media by liking, sharing, and commenting.